Thursday, September 24, 2009

Food...Noxzema..and Aussie...

Yes, another "WOE-IS-ME" post..but if you don't like it then get over it!!! Or you can just skip down to where I talk about a couple products I'm working with!

Well, to start off with the tough stuff...Steven and I swung into the Food Bank today. We broke down...and are asking for government assistance...*sigh*. This sucks. For those who don't know, the Food Bank is a place for low-income families to go and get free food that was donated by businesses in our area. We had to go in and be put into the computer and show proof of living in this county, monthly income, people living in the house, etc. When I told the lady what my monthly income was, she asked if we got Food Stamps (that's money the government gives low-income families to use at grocery stores). When I told her no, she asked why not...I really didn't know anything about them and just figured we didn't qualify...apparently we do...but I'm not sure if we're going to take that step.

SO...here's the set up while we walked into the place and how it made me feel like poo...Steven is sporting is nice green/white Adidas tennis shoes, great camo/floral shorts, and a fight shirt..and I'm sportin' my black pants, flip flops, white tank, and a Victoria's Secret zip up hoodie!!! HELLO!!! We don't look like we're destitute...*sigh*...but we are. We walk through the door and they hand us a cart with a box of things in it (I'm not sure what's in there..didn't get the chance to look) then we got to choose 3 breads. They were all breads that I've baked before when I worked in the bakery...yummy stuff (obviously close or out of date..but still good). They handed us a carton of eggs and a box of muffins. Then we got to choose some potatoes (few handfuls), cottage cheese (it's like a gallon of it!), squash (a few big ones), onions(had the option to take a 20lb bag, but we just grab a few), salads(big bags of it), strawberries(4 boxes of them), and some other stuff...needless to say, we got some great things...more than I thought we could get!!! I'm glad these places exist. I've always donated from the places I've worked (Bakery and now Coca-Cola), but I definitely never thought I'd be on the other end!!! Ahh well...when we're in need...we're in need...nothing we can do about it.

OOOOKKKKKK...now onto the "fun" stuff!!! The other day I was down to my last drop of make up remover and really just hating my natural bar of soap because it'd started to dry out my face. So we hit the store and I found a wonderful tub of the classic Noxzema!!!
Who doesn't love the effervescence of it and that tingling it leaves?!?!?! I certainly do!!! So, I'm just on day 2 of using it..but I can tell you now that my face isn't near as dry nor is it feeling quite as grimey!!! THEREFORE, I'm in love...haha...

Secondly, I bought an Aussie leave-in conditioner. My hair is naturally curly and it's the devil trying to comb it after my shower. I think I end up breaking more hair than I comb...ridiculous!!! Soooo...I opted for another classic (used it as a kid) product!! It smells like coconut and makes my hair comb sooooooooo much better!!! THANK GOODNESS!!! I lose enough as it is..I don't need it being pulled out too...whew...

1 comment:

Jackie said...

If you qualify and you're in need, I say go for it. There's nothing to be ashamed of about food stamps.