Thursday, December 31, 2009
I've decided that I hate being pregnant...I just don't feel like me anymore...it bugs me...
Life never seems to go up for us anymore..I guess I should just stop expecting it to...
Tonight, we're supposed to hit a couple house parties/get-togethers and then a kegger at our favorite bar..but I'm really not feeling up to it anymore...I guess we'll see how well I can get "dolled up" tonight and maybe that'll lift my spirits!
HOPE EVERYONE ELSE HAS A FUN NEW YEAR!!! BE SAFE! :)
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Next, last night we got our truck towed from what we thought was a proper visitor's parking area at Steven's mom's apartments. It took an hour to find the security guard at the apartments only to have him treat us like we were pieces of poo!!! My parents had to be there in order to pay the money to get the truck from impound...and we just kind of went rounds with them. I really don't want to get into it because I'm frustrated beyond words!
Third, It's SNOWING...and not just "la-la-la-there's flakes"...but like "BAM! Have 6 inches overnight!" snowing...I LOVE IT! :) I was kind of feeling bummed that we wouldn't have a great, white Christmas and then it happened....beautiful....*sigh*
Numero quatro, I'm attempting to take a new picture of my belly while I'm here at work so I can post...it's proving a little difficult without a mirror...but I'm determined!!!!!! AH-HA...GOT ONE!
Here ya go (the one from earlier and today's!):
There's not a HUGE difference...but it seems....rounder...and higher up! Guess we'll see how it changes in the next couple weeks!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
I guess the whole mix of economy, hormones, and stress is getting to me...Anyone else???
I think I'll go eat a candy cane now...
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
My doctor's appointment went well! Sarah went with me and she was soooo excited the whole time, it was really cute! They weighed me and somehow in all my french fry fiending I've lost 3 lbs! The doctor said she wasn't too concerned about it because I don't need to gain but around 15 lbs...but as long as it doesn't continue to go that way! I know I don't eat enough food as it is...and I'm trying to increase that! But also, I thought of this afterwards, I'm not as constipated as I once was...so I think that has A LOT to do with it! :) Anywho, we then got to hear the heartbeat again (Sarah's favorite part) and it was around 146...slowing even more than last month!!! Which, according the wives tales, means it's probably a boy! My next appointment is Jan 12 and hopefully we'll schedule the ultrasound to find the gender at that point!
Now...lastly, its kind of a touchy subject in my relationship, but it has been on my mind alllll day today! Steven loves me...for me...as me...etc. I don't doubt that. But now that I'm pregnant he seems to compare me to his ex-wife a lot! I understand that's his only experience with the whole thing and of course there's going to be some comparisons...but the way he tells me things always makes me feel like I have to be just like her! I know I'm cranking and bitchy and all-together not a nice person to him a lot of the time..and he always reminds me that he told me that I won't be able to be comfortable sleeping, that I won't be happy at all for a few more weeks, etc.
I guess what I'm trying to get at is that I'm not her..and I really don't want to be her...I want to be me...and I want the chance to be me and be pregnant without feeling like I need to be as strong as she was...or as nice as she was...blah blah blah. I don't really know how to tell Steven this sort of thing...I know he means well, he really really does...but it hurts my feelings a lot because I want to feel like I'm going through this the first time just the way I'm supposed to. Not feel like I do..like I'm not allowed to be the way I am because she wasn't...
Now I'm just being redundant...whatever...
Monday, December 14, 2009
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa just leaves them in our stockings
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white.
White or blue
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope..maybe I should
5. When do you put up your decorations? Usually the beginning of December...but I'm slacking this year, because we've been rearranging the whole house!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Pasole on Christmas Eve
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Waking my brother up or vice versa so we could go to the stockings together! Then waking up my parents after we'd snooped a bit!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I'm not really sure...I think I just had the suspicion and went with it...
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? Nope
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have a little silver tree that I put bright glass balls on...that's really it!
11. Snow. Love it? or Dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Not very well!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmm...that's a toughy...
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays to you? Spending time with family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pie
16. What tops your tree? Usually an angel
17. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Neither...I'm not much of a gift person
18. What is your favorite Christmas song? Hmm...White Christmas
19. Candy Canes, Yuck or Yum? Pretty much my favorite candy EVER
20. Favorite Christmas Show? White Christmas
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
If your reading this, feel free to have a go at it, just leave me a message that you are going to so I can have a peek!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- Saw fairly attractive boy being stalked by CRAZY nasty girl
- My friend and I decided to go talk to him to make CRAZY girl jealous (insert evil laugh)
- He tells us that she's throwing herself all over him and he hates it
- Asks to be "saved"
- So we hang on him...until she leaves...
- My friend decides whatever, I'm moving on to talk to other people now
- I start to talk to boy....we talk...talk...and talk...
- He uses this pick up line: "so, you got a number?"
- I reply, "What???"
- He says, "oh I see how it is..."
- I say, "No, really it's loud in here what did you say? Did you ask if I have a number?"
- End up giving him my number...and a ride home...to my house...haha
Well, that night he learned my name...Kendra Payne...easy enough (well, I'm used to it!). The next morning, all he could remember was "Payne" because he liked it so much (figures, he's a football player and a cage fighter...why wouldn't he like that?!). I made fun of him, reminded him of my first name, and drove him home before I went to work.
Fast forward a year later, we live together...have a dog...and I'm pregnant with his child. Funny how things work! :)
Okay, on other news, I REALLY, FOR SURE felt the baby last night when I was in a warm bath!!! :) Now, TMI really, but I had gas...and I was laying there, would pass gas, knowing how that felt...but then I would move a little and then I'd feel what I would normally think is just another gas bubble on it's way through my intestines or bowels and then nothing would happen! I started to pay attention to the differences in order to decipher...and I realized that the bubbles were a little higher and nothing "exploded" afterwards!!! :) OOOOHHHH BABY!!!
Here's where we are in development:
Thursday, December 3, 2009
- slight morning sickness for 3-4 weeks
- gained 6lbs so far
- tons of lower back/sciatic pain already
- had one girl dream and the rest have been boy
- very very tired
- nails growing fast and are much stronger
- skin was a little bad at first but is now fairly clear
- no outrageous cravings...just normal things like french fries, ice cream, taco bell, sub sandwiches (and not all together!)
- repulsed by onions and chicken
As far as the medical things go:
- heart rate was at 160 then slowed to 152
- moves a lot - kicking, waving
- blood pressure and everything is normal for me
Ok...so judging by that, or even just by the two ultrasounds I've got, what do you predict the gender will be!?!?!??!?! Give me your explanation too ;)
(First one is at 8 weeks, second is at 9 wks 4 days...I'm now 14 weeks 3 days)