Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy New...July?

Do you ever have those moments of resolution where things just seem like they have to fall into place?? Like there's no way tomorrow is going to be bad...no chance, no how!

Today, is one of those moments. Steven is texting me with smiles interlaced in his words. Our Bug is behaving herself today and not being a terror of a 6 week old. (Okay, really Mom how much of a terror can a 6 week old be?? She doesn't ask for much!) And I'm here at work feeling fairly confident about my self-image (always a plus).

Today has become like my New Years. I want to throw my hands up and scream HAPPY NEW YEAR to whomever graces my presence. But, alas, I'll keep that to myself...don't need people thinking I'm crazier than they already do!

So, that being said, it's time for New Year's resolutions!! (Maybe it being July, I can actually stick with them...less pressure, right?)
  1. I must remember that life really isn't that bad despite the onslaught of drama that we keep running into!
  2. I will take happy photographs every day (I really have this passion that I have no idea how to capture right now...too much creative juice flowing)
  3. I plan to begin my exercise regimen once I see the doctor on Thursday (Yes, cliche...I know)

Three...three's enough (for now)! I don't need to overwhelm myself...

I suppose I should elaborate a little for good measure.

One comes from the fact that I'm going to have to find a way to afford my license and interlock because Steven will surely be losing his very, very soon. (Why? I know you're asking that!) Because he sadly recieved a DUI on Thursday! Court is August 31st...and I guess we'll see how that goes!

Two stems from my genetic make-up. Okay, so I "blame" it on that, but in all honesty, I just love photographs. My grandpa and uncle are both professionals..and I love their work (see paulmoloney.net and kevinmoloney.com) but it's time to have my own out there!

Three is there for obvious reasons. Having just had my Little Miss (the newest name I've been calling her), I have about an extra 12 lbs before my pre-pregnancy weight to go and then I would like to just lose a bit more. I want to focus on a number but in the same respect, I don't. I think it would just make it worse for me! Sooo...I'm going to focus on a healthy lifestyle. (That's the key isn't it?) And maybe I should bombard my own blog with daily updates on my progress...I promise it won't turn into a weight-loss blog, but it'll rather be incorporated into my daily life! (Like it should be anyways).

Soooo..all said and done, let DAY 1 be today and let time only tell if July is a better time to make New Year's resolutions or not!

2 comments:

Ruby said...

Good for you! I am proud of you! No time like the present! Oh and guess what, now , Angels friend has asked me to walk with her , at 7 freaking thirty in the A.M !! OMG! I said YES! Then Angel is baking cake...R U KIDDING ME??? This is going to be tougher than I thought!

Kendra said...

I hear ya! Steven brought me cookies to work!!! OI! But the walk sounds good! Maybe I should do something in my mornings when Marlee wakes me up...instead of going back to sleep like a bum!