Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day...






So, I have no exciting St. Pat's Day stories from the past...nothing noteable to really write about...but one thing that this day does make me think of, is my semester in Ireland.






I was there in the fall...it was rainy, cold...but absolutely beautiful and green!






I remember kissing the Blarney Stone...slowly bending backwards, holding onto handles put into the side of the rock....then giving the cold stone a little peck! Once I got back up, I realized I'd been bending to my doom has the handles not been there nor the man holding onto everyone's waist. The Blarney Stone is at the top of Blarney Castle....I wish I had a photo of it to share, but my camera batteries died that day... :(






I also remember spending hours walking through Dublin. Doing some shopping, site seeing, eating, drinking, etc...nothing too exciting...but it was a way of life!






I remember sitting on the cliff edge on the Aran Islands watching the Atlantic Ocean rage below. I could have died that day. It was amazing and by far my favorite place in this entire world. The limestone walls that stretched a mere 3000 miles on a literal 11 miles of islands...its a marvel to really grasp these things..from years and years and years ago...






Oh Ireland..I really do miss you! As homesick as I was the ENTIRE time I was there (hell I was only 19 years old and didn't know a soul), I would go back...




Wicklow Mtns
Me on our dorm building stairs heading out to see a band

No comments: