Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It would happen this way...

So, this whole pregnancy thing has gone swimmingly...practically amazing...but now, I guess my body is like "ha ha ha, we're going to throw in a wrench!"

My doctor's appointment this morning started with a slightly elevated blood pressure (not too alarming but high for me) and so they asked me a few questions. Unfortunately, the last couple weeks I've been having headaches as well, so I kind of knew that my blood pressure would be awry...

They handed me a lovely orange container and a seat to place on the toilet. I am in the midst of doing a 24 hour urine collection. That's right, I have to collect every last drop of my pee for the next day!!! Haha...it's interesting!

The results of the blood they drew while at the office and the analysis of the urine will tell me if I have pre-eclampsia or not. With that being said, if I do, well, Miss Marlee will be here much sooner than expected!!!

ALSO, in 2 weeks I have to go back and do a 3-hour glucose screening. To check my blood sugar and possibility of having gestational diabetes....again, figures!

But, on a much more positive note, my uterus measured a week ahead and her heartbeat was a strong 146 :)

2 comments:

Apryl said...

The end of my pregnancy, my blood pressure was elevated. I was on bedrest and had a nurse come out every day to monitor it. Not a picnic, but Dyl wasn't a preemie ;-)

Kendra said...

Good deal! I'm hoping they don't put me on bedrest...I HAVE to work!!! Ugh.

Another gal I talk with told me that she had preclampsia with 2 of her 3 kids and they were still right on time...no biggie...