Thursday, July 16, 2009
TAG: Honset Scrap
1. I studied abroad in Ireland the Fall of 2005. I enjoyed every second of it and really wish I could have stayed longer than just one semester. I got to travel to Paris and Rome while there and all around Ireland. Now, I feel a special kinship with the country and would honestly love to live there...but not sure how to make that happen.
2. I have one and a half fake teeth. Genetically, I'm missing my eye teeth and one grew in as a "peg" which is smaller than normal and the other was just missing. So I have a fake one and the "peg" was built up to normal size.
3. I've played classical piano for 16 years now. I love it and wish that my piano could be moved to my house instead of my parent's. But luckily, they only live 5 miles away and I can visit them often and play. I also play the Euphonium and have sang in various choirs.
4. I was recently diagnosed with Chronic Urticaria. At this point, I don't know much more about my specific conditon but the doctor's believe its autoimmune. It curses me with the chance of hives every day for no reason and I have a constant itching. I'm on several mediciines that lessen the severity but don't fix it. As a result, I've ruinned my skin from itching and then scabbing and then itching again. Plus, I'm basically miserable 24/7 and tired/groggy from all the medicines.
5. I have yet to finish college. I've been to 4 different schools with 3 different majors. I started at University of Northern Colorado doing elementary education, then to St. Pat's in Ireland doing education, Doane College in Nebraska for secondary education, and finally Aims Community College for Computer Aided Drafting. I'm about 5 or 6 classes from finishing an associates degree in libral arts or applied sciences, but I have no idea what I want to study so I just quit.
6. I work for Coca-Cola. It may sound glamorous but it's not. It's the same as any other job, I just get to work for a company that EVERYONE knows. I count money and do driver's paperwork at the end of the day.
7. I'm only 23 years old but I'm already divorced. I was married at 20 then divorced at 21. We just grew apart and decided we weren't working. But it's for the best now. He's got a girlfriend and they've got a son together and I've got a boyfriend that I live with and he's great.
8. I live in a house that is only 420 square feet. It's tiny. We have one bedroom, one bathroom, kitchen/living room is one, and the porch has been covered so it's a room now too. Living there is me, Steven, our two dogs, and my cat. Tight quarters but definitely ours :)
9. My great-great-great-grandpa was one of the people that settled the state of Colorado. AA Salazar. He came up through Mexico from Spain and they settled San Luis, Colorado. It's a beautiful little town and has a simple lifestyle...but there's also very little opportunity there.
10. I hate amusement parks. It's not the rides and what not that I hate, it's the lines. I don't like the idea of waiting nearly an hour or longer just to enjoy about a minute or two of something else. The funny thing is that this Sunday we're going to one. But it's for Steven's birthday, so I'm pretty excited about it! :)
Well, that's that...I TAG whomever actually reads my blog...be sure to let me know you do it so that I can read yours!