Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The conversation...

So, he did it! Steven successfully asked for my hand without any hitch at all! In fact, the only complaint he keeps having is that my dad wouldn't let him pay for dinner like he had planned! haha Good ole DAD!

I guess the conversation went as such:
Steven: "So i guess you know why you're here..."
Dad: "Yep, sure do..."
Steven: "Well, Kendra and I both agree that we don't want to get married right away. The traditionalist in me wants to ask if I can have her hand in promise though."
Dad: "Ok..."
Steven: "So I guess I'm just asking for your blessing..."
Dad: "You got it!"

Ha...simple as 1, 2, 3....

I haven't an uber beautiful picture of the ring just yet...but I have a GREAT idea for one! :) That I'll probably take tonight or in the morning...involving the flower he showed up with on Monday too...

Aside from that, we had our hospital tour last night. And I have to be honest in saying that I really just wanted to book a room right then and have this baby!! Ha! The rooms are great (which I knew they were from friend's having babies) but I just kind of felt a bit of extra excitement at the thought of me being there...bringing our little Bug into this world! *sigh*

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I predict you will completely forget the excitement for just a little while when you're in there. Trust me, don't rush it. The aftermath is great, but getting there really truly sucks. :) I know you would rather hear happy thoughts...but it's the truth. Just keep thinking about what it's all for.

Apryl said...

That is the sweetest thing ever!

Jackie said...

That's really sweet!