Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Goals...maybe?

While checking in on HYC just now, I was thinking what could I really say about my journey thus far???

I've been "trying" to lose weight for quite some time. Somehow, I always find EXCUSES that get in the way of success!

Sure, it's a common problem with most people and I really just need to suck it up, but all in all, I think I'm more scared than anything.

I've never really accomplished a goal for myself.

I remember in high school constantly knowing exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I knew perfectly the path I was going to follow..and I knew what it would take to get there.

That changed about a year into college. I jetted off to Ireland and was still working on my teaching degree. That was my main goal: become a teacher. I came home from Ireland and a semester in Nebraska and got married. That definitely wasn't in the plans...I didn't think I'd really ever get married...

Maybe it was for the better...I was divorced just over a year later!

After getting married, I changed my degree path to computer aided drafting...

Ok, it's still school...it's still a degree...but it's definitely not what I thought I'd be doing!

That ended when I ran out of money...

Now here I am, in a part time job, with no degree...and really no hopes of going back to school any time soon...

I guess that's the biggest goal I never achieved that has always lurked in the back of my head!

I don't want weight loss to join that one and just pull me down...

No comments: