Thursday, November 19, 2009

My path...revisited...

Did you ever start your high school career or college career with a definite plan...something to follow...a path only to have it COMPLETELY change in the course of a few years??? I certainly have...and I'm sitting here...baby inside...working the same mindless job for nearly 3 years...asking myself, "Where in the f*$# did my plan go?!"

THE PLANS

Freshman year of HS:
  1. Go through 4 years of math class
  2. Keep my grades up
  3. Be active in music
  4. Go to college

Freshman year of College:

  1. Get teaching degree
  2. Join clubs
  3. Experience all there is to have
  4. Travel

Ok...now lets revisit what ACTUALLY happened:
HS:

  1. 4 years of math (go me)...except 2nd semester senior year I told the teacher that I just didn't get it..but I still went...it was AP Calculus
  2. I'm pretty sure my GPA went to poo my freshman year because I got a few D's and C's
  3. I was certainly active in music...band, choir, band camp, honor bands and choirs, etc
  4. Well, I went to college...not where I wanted...but I went...

College:

  1. Started out with a teaching emphasis...first in Elementary, then secondary, then completely changed to Computer Aided Drafting..hmm....
  2. I was in a band at my 3rd college for a semester...hated it...
  3. Ha, experience all there is?! I had a boyfriend...who didn't do much my freshman year...then I didn't have friends...then I was engaged...so yeah...I didn't do a whole lot...minus #4
  4. I did study abroad in Ireland...which was FANTASTIC! But well, 1 semester out of 6 doesn't really count as experiencing all there is to have...

So, WHY, you're asking, ARE WE REVISITING THE PAST LIKE THIS?!

Well, with a baby on the way, I'm kind of thinking of the things that I haven't done that I really would like to do still...so, at this point, I'm creating a new path for my life to work on...more of a GOAL than a true path...because paths always change...

Soooooo....

GOAL: I shall finish a degree in something (I was thinking of going to IBMC and being a medical assistant) and I will show my child what it is like to have family vacations and the joys of travel.

I want these two things so bad. I can't even explain it. I love to learn and see things in life...I want that instilled in my child like it was in me when I was growing up!

*sigh* I think it's time for me to reflect in my head and get some stinkin' work done here!! haha

No comments: