Freshman year of HS:
- Go through 4 years of math class
- Keep my grades up
- Be active in music
- Go to college
Freshman year of College:
- Get teaching degree
- Join clubs
- Experience all there is to have
Ok...now lets revisit what ACTUALLY happened:
- 4 years of math (go me)...except 2nd semester senior year I told the teacher that I just didn't get it..but I still went...it was AP Calculus
- I'm pretty sure my GPA went to poo my freshman year because I got a few D's and C's
- I was certainly active in music...band, choir, band camp, honor bands and choirs, etc
- Well, I went to college...not where I wanted...but I went...
- Started out with a teaching emphasis...first in Elementary, then secondary, then completely changed to Computer Aided Drafting..hmm....
- I was in a band at my 3rd college for a semester...hated it...
- Ha, experience all there is?! I had a boyfriend...who didn't do much my freshman year...then I didn't have friends...then I was engaged...so yeah...I didn't do a whole lot...minus #4
- I did study abroad in Ireland...which was FANTASTIC! But well, 1 semester out of 6 doesn't really count as experiencing all there is to have...
So, WHY, you're asking, ARE WE REVISITING THE PAST LIKE THIS?!
Well, with a baby on the way, I'm kind of thinking of the things that I haven't done that I really would like to do still...so, at this point, I'm creating a new path for my life to work on...more of a GOAL than a true path...because paths always change...
GOAL: I shall finish a degree in something (I was thinking of going to IBMC and being a medical assistant) and I will show my child what it is like to have family vacations and the joys of travel.
I want these two things so bad. I can't even explain it. I love to learn and see things in life...I want that instilled in my child like it was in me when I was growing up!
*sigh* I think it's time for me to reflect in my head and get some stinkin' work done here!! haha