Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dear City Girl...

I love you.
I love how chic you make even going to the corner store seem.
I love how culture just radiates from your daily life.
Oh City Girl, I want to be you.

Much (heart aching) Love,
The Lost Country Girl

Yep...I'm struggling.
I've been "city" before. My 3 month stint in Dublin, Ireland only gave me a taste of what I long for!
I tear up every time I read a post from someone living in a city somewhere.
I'm yearning for a life that I feel happy in...

This isn't it.

But I'm here for at least 3 years. Face the facts, I need a career before I make bold moves. My daughter deserves that much.

Sadly, my dad told me on Friday that he would be disappointed if I moved Marlee away from him!!! How in the world am I ever going to get where I want to be if I have that on my tails?! Ugh, Dad, do you know how much that hurt?? **sad face** At least, I know he loves us.

Screw this, I'm going to search apartment listings in all the major cities I'd love to be in!!! I need something to help me get this out of my system for the time being!

Portland...
Denver...
Seattle...
New York City (probably not, but, sure)...
Boston...

That'll do for now...

1 comment:

Leanne said...

First, I have not checked on your blog in like 2 months, I'm so happy to see that you are blogging again! lol.

Second,

I'd love to live in Seattle... why am I buying a house in Binghamton???

Third,

I think you'd find NYC to be an amazing experience for you and Marlee. Think of all the things you could do and explore and travel is soooo easy. I mean for $20 you can get a round trip bus ticket to Philly from NYC... and dozens of other places. Sometimes a completely insane change is what we really need.

Leanne